ADM Summer Fellowships
ADM Summer Fellowships support Christian women who demonstrate excellence in their field to undertake a focused project during the month of January, and to pursue avenues to engage the public with their work.
2019 ADM Summer Fellowships run from 2-25 January 2019.
We welcome projects in any field of endeavour: academic, creative, cultural, theological, professional, not-for-profit, ministry, media, etc. Examples of project outputs include the creation of books, journal articles, resources, talks, research, media appearances, films, music compositions, artworks, grant submissions, products, services and initiatives.
Summer Fellows receive a bursary of AUD3,000 and are provided with desk space in an office shared with other Fellows in the ADM premises, which is accessible outside office hours. Fellows are expected to work at ADMduring their Fellowship. However, flexible work arrangements can be requested, for example, for an artistic project that requires the use of a studio.
Summer Fellows receive free, priority access to ADM’s School of Theology, Culture and Public Engagement (21-24 January 2019), providing them with opportunities for theological formation and professional development in public engagement skills, as well as avenues to connect with Christian mentors and networks.
To be eligible to apply for an ADM Summer Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Be a Christian woman (over the age of 18);
- Have a personal commitment to the vision and mission of ADM;
- Be able to undertake her Fellowship project at the ADM offices in Sydney.
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Level of achievement and potential to excel in her field (assessed relative to the applicant’s field and relative to opportunity, taking into account career interruptions)
- Ability to pursue deeper theological engagement with her field of work, integrating faith and vocation
- Ability to develop skills in Christian public engagement
- Ability to serve in leadership and public roles in ways that enable others to flourish
Fellowship project and its outputs:
- Quality (assessed relative to field)
- Viability: the likelihood outputs will be completed in the timeframe
- Engagement: the potential of the project to engage various public audiences through events and media
- Impact: connections between the project and Christian faith, and the potential of the project to impact beneficiaries (e.g., neighbours, communities, churches or organisations) in ways shaped by the gospel
- Capacity-building: the likelihood that completing these outputs will help the applicant progress to the next step in reaching her larger vocational goals
2 July 2018 - Applications open
20 August 2018 - Applications close at 5.00pm AEST (the online portal will accept no applications after this time).
The 2019 ADM Summer Fellows will be announced by Thursday 8 November 2018.
INFORMATION & CONDITIONS
The document below contains the full information and conditions for ADM Summer Fellowships.
Please read this document before filling out your application online.