ADM Senior Fellowships
ADM Fellowships support Christian women who demonstrate excellence and leadership in their field to undertake a focused project for a six-month or one-year period and to pursue avenues to engage the public with their work.
We welcome projects in any field of endeavour: academic, creative, cultural, theological, professional, not-for-profit, ministry, media, etc. Examples of project outputs include the creation of books, journal articles, resources, talks, research, media appearances, films, music compositions, artworks, grant submissions, products, services and initiatives.
Senior Fellows receive a bursary of AUD$80,000 for a five-day working week. However, applicants can apply to work on their Fellowship for two, three, four or five days per week. Bursary amounts are based on the number of workdays per week and paid in quarterly instalments. (Fellows are responsible for their own tax arrangements).
Senior Fellows are provided with a personal, allocated desk space and shelving in an office shared with other Fellows in the ADM premises, which is accessible outside office hours. Fellows are expected to work at ADM on their designated workdays (however, flexible work arrangements can be requested – for example, for an artistic project that requires the use of a studio).
Senior Fellows receive professional development in public engagement skills and the opportunity to co-design events to platform their work. They are also provided with forums for theological formation and avenues to connect with Christian mentors and networks. Senior Fellows receive free, priority access to Engage.
To be eligible, the applicant must be a Christian woman and be able to work at the ADM offices in Sydney. It is important that applicants have an understanding of Anglican Deaconess Ministries, as well as a personal commitment to, and alignment with, our mission to ‘raise up Christian women with theological formation for practical and public engagement’.
The following additional eligibility criteria apply for Senior Fellowships:
- More than five years’ experience in your field OR a higher degree (PhD, Masters);
- Evidence of outstanding achievement in your field; and
- Evidence of leadership capabilities.
Applications for 2018 ADM Senior Fellowships close on 30 September 2017, 5pm.
How to apply
Application pack includes information, conditions and application form
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- A mature Christian faith and engaged in their local church, as well as a desire to pursue deeper theological engagement with their field of work, integrating faith and vocation
- A very high level of achievement and potential to excel in their field (assessed relative to the applicant’s field and opportunity, taking into account career interruptions)
- Leadership capabilities
- The capacity and desire to develop skills in Christian public engagement
Fellowship project and outputs:
- The quality of the specific Fellowship project and its outputs (assessed relative to the field)
- The viability of the Fellowship project (likelihood that outputs will be completed in the time frame)
- The potential to engage the public (or various publics, both Christian and non-Christian) with the specific Fellowship project and its outputs
- Connections between the specific Fellowship project and Christian faith
- The Kingdom impact of the specific Fellowship project and its outputs
- The vocational impact of the specific Fellowship project (i.e., the likelihood that completing the outputs will help Fellows progress to the next step in reaching their larger vocational goals)