About the Fellowships Program
ADM Fellowships support Christian women who demonstrate excellence in their field to undertake a focused project and pursue avenues to engage the public with their work. By providing Fellows with financial support and office space, alongside tailored theological and professional development opportunities, we aim to promote the formation, flourishing and impact of Christian women in public life.
Outcomes for ADM Fellows:
- Deepening theological engagement with their field of work, integrating faith and vocation
- Completing high-quality outputs that strengthen their expertise and credentials in their field
- Engaging various public audiences with their work through events and media
- Impacting their neighbours, communities, churches or organisations in ways shaped by the gospel
- Serving in leadership and public roles in ways that enable others to flourish
- Growing a strong network of peers, collaborators and mentors
- Finding sustainable paths for pursuing their vocation, including jobs, platforms and other opportunities
ADM began offering Fellowships and Senior Fellowships in 2017. In 2018, applications tripled, and we added month-long Summer Fellowships to our suite of programs, so we could extend the benefits of ADM Fellowships to more women.
The research and creative projects of ADM Fellows have spanned across a wide variety of fields, including history, literature, theology, biblical studies, pastoral care, ministry, visual arts, music, theatre, psychology, parenting, sexual and reproductive health, biomedical engineering and education. Fellows have worked on books, journal articles, compositions, plays, paintings, courses, workshops and talks.
So far, it has been an incredible joy to see each of our Fellows grow, as their capacity and confidence to make the gospel intelligible in their sphere has been enriched. At ADM, we consider it a great honour to play a part in enabling these Christian women and their work to have a wider impact than they thought possible. We delight in the creative ways our Fellows Alumni continue to use their expertise and gifts to serve others.