Working at ADM, you will use your passions and gifts to see women, from generation to generation, flourish in Kingdom work.
Director of Communications
The role of Director of Communications at Anglican Deaconess Ministries (ADM) will play a pivotal role in developing the communications functions of ADM, enabling ADM to play an active and visible role in conversations and projects that address the flourishing of women.
The successful candidate will be a great leader and team-builder with a clear passion for the vision and mission of ADM. They will possess creative confidence and the ability to motivate and manage a creative team to perform with excellence. They will be highly experienced in project management, adept at managing communications priorities across an organisation and the varied, concurrent projects that result.
This role calls for a talented professional with broad experience in communications – including a thorough understanding of branding, digital engagement and marketing.
The position is a full-time role, based in our Sydney office.
We welcome applications from both male and female candidates.
ADM is proud to have benchmark parental leave and flexible work policies.
Qualifications and required skills
The successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelors degree. Postgraduate study will be considered favourably.
- Five years’ professional experience at a senior level as a studio design manager, or in public affairs, media, marketing and advertising or advocacy communications, or a related field. Varied experience will be preferred over specialisation.
- A minimum of five years experience leading teams. This should include experience managing projects, consultants and budgets, as well as a track record of making sound judgments about competing priorities and managing time and resources well.
- Mastery of at least one communications specialism that complements those of the existing team, and the ability to develop further an excellent external provider network to cover project requirements.
- Creative confidence and will have succeeded in leading creative teams to be flexible and self-directed. Knows how to work at ‘eye level’ with a creative team to develop and maintain trust, inspiring curiosity about existing and potential audiences, supporting the team to do their best work in a collaborative manner, fulfilling shared objectives and goals.
- A proven ability to think strategically, analyse critically, and to translate ideas and insights into action, through well-articulated programs and plans that can be executed upon.
- Understanding of and experience with a wide range of channels of both paid and unpaid communications across a variety of platforms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and the ability to manage multiple and varied priorities.
- Ability to maintain grace and skill under pressure, exercising consistently sound judgment.
- An understanding of Anglican Deaconess Ministries as well as a personal commitment to and alignment with our mission of ‘raising up women with theological formation for practical and public engagement.’
If this opportunity sounds just right for you, we would love to hear from you.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com and include a cover letter addressing the key criteria and a resume.
Applications close 28 June, 2018