ADM Fellowships &
ADM Senior Fellowships
ADM Fellowships and Senior Fellowships support Christian women who demonstrate excellence in their field to undertake a focused project for a six-month or one-year period, and to pursue avenues to engage the public with their work.
2019 ADM Fellowships and Senior Fellowships run from 1 February 2019 – 31 January 2020.
We welcome projects in any field of endeavour: academic, creative, cultural, theological, professional, not-for-profit, ministry, media, etc. Examples of project outputs include the creation of books, journal articles, resources, talks, research, media appearances, films, music compositions, artworks, grant submissions, products, services and initiatives.
Fellows receive a bursary, paid in quarterly instalments. The bursary for Fellows who undertake their project 5 days a week for one year is AUD60,000, and for Senior Fellows, AUD80,000. Applicants can request to work two, three, four or five days per week, paid pro rata. Fellows are responsible for their own tax arrangements.
Fellows are provided with a personal, allocated desk space and shelving in an office shared with other Fellows in the ADM premises, which is accessible outside office hours. Fellows are expected to work at ADM on their designated workdays. However, flexible work arrangements can be requested, for example, for an artistic project that requires the use of a studio.
Fellows receive professional development in public engagement skills and the opportunity to co-design events to platform their work. They are also provided with forums for theological formation and avenues to connect with Christian mentors and networks. Fellows receive free, priority access to Engage and to ADM’s School of Theology, Culture and Public Engagement (21-24 January 2019).
To be eligible to apply for an ADM Fellowship, the applicant must:
- Be a Christian woman (over the age of 18);
- Have a personal commitment to the vision and mission of ADM;
- Be able to undertake her Fellowship project at the ADM offices in Sydney.
To be eligible to apply for an ADM Senior Fellowship, in addition to the above criteria, the applicant must also:
- Have more than five years’ experience and evidence of leadership in her field OR a higher degree (PhD, Masters).
All applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Level of achievement and potential to excel in her field (assessed relative to the applicant’s field and relative to opportunity, taking into account career interruptions)
- Ability to pursue deeper theological engagement with her field of work, integrating faith and vocation
- Ability to develop skills in Christian public engagement
- Ability to serve in leadership and public roles in ways that enable others to flourish
Fellowship project and its outputs:
- Quality (assessed relative to field)
- Viability: the likelihood outputs will be completed in the timeframe
- Engagement: the potential of the project to engage various public audiences through events and media
- Impact: connections between the project and Christian faith, and the potential of the project to impact beneficiaries (e.g., neighbours, communities, churches or organisations) in ways shaped by the gospel
- Capacity-building: the likelihood that completing these outputs will help the applicant progress to the next step in reaching her larger vocational goals
Applications for 2019 ADM Fellowships are now closed.
The 2019 ADM Fellows and ADM Senior Fellows will be announced by Thursday 8 November 2018.